Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beach Bag

I know, I know summer is almost over, but not quite yet!!!! This is a beach bag I just finished making for my friend, Jen.

At the beginning of the summer I made this one (below) and Jen said she would love a bag like mine. Well, it took me all summer but I finally finished the second beach bag. I like making things for other people. Especially bags, because for some reason that is what I make the most of and they just end up in a pile. So this way it is not ending up in a pile. Someone may actually enjoy it!

I made the new one a little different, I can't decide which one I like better. Both originals. The first one is round on the bottom and the second is more rectangle, easier to make the insert in the rectangle. And more "Beach Bag" looking.


This one has a zipper. I like it a lot, it is a little small to fit towels and also zip up. I love to think of the possibilities. I like that I did something different with this bag because now I can figure out what my next project will be. How will I change it, what will I keep the same?

I like this pattern with the fabric behind the mesh. It is a little tedious but I like the finished product.
Off to the next project....

No comments: