Friday, August 14, 2009

A Quilt to Remember

I have been very excited to get these pictures posted! I have completed my first quilt. My first post on this blog was a quilt that I had started, well that has turned into a gift to be made. And I figured I better make sure I could do this before I make a gift. So here is this process of a quilt for us...
Any little bit the girls could help they did! I think they are just as excited as I am. This seems like it should be a winter project but first of all I was so excited about it I just couldn't stop. And second it was so hot and humid here last week I couldn't stand to be outside. So, playing inside it was, fun for all!
I wanted to make a throw for the living room. We lack color in there and we are going to need something to cozy up with this winter. When I started I was just going to do 12 inch squares (which I did) but they turned into diamonds, a little more design I guess. Figuring out the size was another issue because once I got started Stephen and I discussed why not make it a queen so that it can be multi purposed. Yeah, why not :) So, it was a lot to work with, but fun at the same time. Also the size was an issue because I used an old sheet for the backing. So, it turned out a bit smaller than I would like, but I still love it!

Here it is in the living room, but doesn't it look great on the bed?!


1 comment:

Devotions for Moms said...

It is gorgeous!!! Nice work El.