Thursday, August 13, 2009

From Garden to Table

I feel like our garden is a little neglected these days. When I walk out there it feels like there is nothing much I can do. I feel like we are still waiting for "the big harvest." We have been harvesting pretty consistantly but I was still feeling the lack of sustanibility until the other night. I made a great dinner right from the garden. Okay, so I added a few necessary items from the cupboard, but ooooh it was all so good together!

Today's Garden Pasta:
1 lb pasta of your choice (I had some tortellini and macroni)
1 tomato
3 cups basil
1 small zuchinni
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
olive oil
salt
pepper
Cut up all ingredients, place in bowl sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss. Serve.
We also had a lot of leftovers, it made a great cold pasta salad. I couldn't get enough!

I don't know why, but I didn't take a picture of the final product. Guess I'll have to do it again :)
Still putting zuchinni in everything and....
Tomatoes are coming!!!

No comments: