Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Babes Can Sew!

Kyra's new game is to play restaurant. She was taking orders and serving all of us the other day. She even asked me how to spell "closed" so that she could make a sign saying the kitchen is closed. It was very cute. The sign was temporary and starting to rip. So, I thought we could come up with something made for wear and tear. This is Kyra's first real sewing project, we have made a few things together, but I did all the sewing. After minimal instructions she was on her way! Here you see her sewing, yep sewing! I am so excited and very proud of her!

And of course Mae had to have her turn, we did it together. She pulled the needle through for me and put it back in...sometimes. We started and Kyra finished, she loved it.

We finished in our PJ's but what an accomplishment for her. I told her how proud I was and she got this smile...

and said "take more pictures!"


I have a feeling we will have a few sewing projects in the near future!