Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's All About the Food

Many, many beans.... I finally got around to freezing some! And saved a few for roasting tonight, yum!

Tomatillo's, this is our first year of growing these. Super neat, I went to check them out yesterday and they had popped. Meaning when a tomatillo is ripe the papers pop open. So I gathered a few and....

Salsa Verde! So yummy, we had nachos last night for dinner!

Basil anyone?! I had a lot of help picking basil today.

I ended up having to make the pesto on my own.
There is an abundance of food in the garden right now. I cannot believe we will be gone next week. Hopefully everything will be patiently waiting for us when we get home!

1 comment:

Devotions for Moms said...

Wow you have a lot of basil! Mom's looks like that too but mine is pretty skimpy.