Monday, January 11, 2010

Two Gifts...



I thought I would start to post some of the Holiday gifts I made. But I must start with the baby quilts I made for my dear friend's beautiful twins. The twins are the true gifts to their family!

I started the quilts this summer/fall knowing the twins were on the way. But stalled a little bit until I was under the gun. So they got sent off and I thought I would share some photos.


Becky (my friend) had a girl and a boy so above is the girls quilt. I received some samples of decorators silk that I used on here. It looks a feels beautiful.



Each one has a plush soft backing. Especially for Baby!



Here is the boy's quilt. I made it much more simple, but it was because I saw a similar design and really liked it so I thought I would try. I love the quilting fabric in the pieced part, of course it is discontinued, boo hoo.



This is a picture to show the top section. I also was able to incoorporate the silk into this quilt.


Again, soft and plush. Especially for baby!!

I say I don't know how to "quilt" but I have recently been corrected. I have not officially learned quilting, but I have pieced together a few blankets to make quilts so I guess I do know how to quilt. A class would be interesting to take to learn some techniques. Also, I do not own a rotary cutter, I think it would be a dream!

No comments: